Event Preview Video
How to CHARGE Information
It's the HARDEST experience you'll ever love. HARD CHARGE events are four to five miles of obstacles, mud and mayhem. Each course is designed to challenge you and get you pumped up for the awesome post-race party at CHARGER Village - complete with food, fun and a free beer for CHARGERS 21 and older. It doesn’t matter your current fitness level, HARD CHARGE will test you and push you to the max. When the dust has settled and the mud has dried, you'll already be looking forward to taking on your next HARD CHARGE mission!
It's time to put it all out there. Give it everything you've got and compete on TV on a HARD CHARGE course designed to test your speed, strength and stamina. Timed and marshaled, you'll be put to the test throughout the entire course. Can't make it through and obstacle? You're gonna pay! Awards will be given to the top male and female finishers in each age division. Best of all, CHARGE for Glory heats are smaller, offering competitors minimal congestion and maximum opportunity for a personal best.
For all your efforts, you'll reap awesome rewards at the post-race party at CHARGER Village. This is where the HARD work really pays off for CHARGERS 21 and older, in the form of a tall, tasty and free beer. It's an event unlike any other and one you'll be itching to do again!
Fire up for a fun and intense HARD CHARGE course that will get you muddy, sweaty and maybe even a little bloody - but rest assured, we have world-class medical professionals onsite. Navigate the course at your own pace individually, or tackle the mission with your team. And don't worry if you can't make it through an obstacle. There are plenty more waiting to be conquered!
When you finish, head over to CHARGER Village for the post-race party. For CHARGERS 21 and older, your HARD work pays off big time and gets you a well-deserved and free beer. It's the ultimate experience and one not to miss!
Service men and women. We want you! Only men and women who proudly serve or are veterans of this great country will be allowed to participate in this heat. You never thought what you did back at basic training would land you on national TV! Branch shirts or appropriate military gear required to participate. Special military discount applies. Space is limited & these heats do sell out!
U of A fans, students, young & old or anyone willing to sport their team pride. Round up buddies, gear up in your finest college gear (required to participate) & represent while you CHARGE for Fun in the College pride heat. This is your big shot at national TV. Just don’t wait too long to sign up. Heat space is limited & it will sell out!
Ok, ok...we heard you loud & clear. Now’s your chance to destroy a HARD CHARGE course & earn your braggin rights. If you’re ages 14-17, sign up for the CHARGE for Fun Teen heat. You’ll kill the same course & tackle all the obstacles as the top HARD CHARGE competitors on the TV show. Legal guardian required at packet pickup, no exceptions. *Anyone 14 & up is allowed to run this heat. If you choose to run with your teen, it must be in this heat.
Let em get muddy! HARD CHARGE is presenting a special course for some of our biggest fans – the kidz. The CHARGE for Fun Kidz heat is designed for our CHARGERS ages 5-13. This special course is a mile or less & features some of the same obstacles as the CHARGE for Fun & CHARGE for Glory course...and lots of mud. It’s the perfect opportunity for the entire family to get in on the fun of HARD CHARGE & do something active. Legal guardian is required to be present at packet pickup, no exceptions. Limited spots are available in this heat so get your kidz signed up before space fills!
TV Event Boxes
*You must CHARGE for Glory if you wish to be timed.
**Heat times subject to change.
Required if you are under 18 the day of the event:
Would you like to receive important race-day information via text?
Highly encouraged. As they say, S#*T happens and we want you to know about it.
We WILL NOT use this for marketing or solicitation purposes in any way.
By registering for HARD CHARGE you agree to allow us to send you emails regarding heat changes, announcements, or other info related to your event.
Would you like to additional receive emails from HARD CHARGE regarding:
CHARGE for Children Header & Video
Children's Hospital of Illinois is a member of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, an alliance of 170 hospitals with two simple goals:
- Help as many children as possible by raising funds for children's hospital services
- Keep funds in the community in which they were raised to help local children
That means your gift to CMN Hospitals will help make miracles happen for Illinois children who courageously face health challenges greater than most of us can imagine.
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals helps by:
- Paying for expenses not covered by insurance — things like medicines, therapy, hearing aids, wheelchairs, travel to stay with hospitalized children, formula and diapers.
- Providing support services like scholarships to special summer camps for kids and help for parents grieving the loss of a child.
- Helping hospitals and other health care facilities purchase important equipment they could not otherwise afford, like emergency pediatric resuscitation carts, infant car seats for safety, specialized hearing equipment, or playroom toys.
This is an optional opportunity to contribute to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
CHARGE for Children – Donate now or fundraise a minimum of $100 and gain access to the CMN Hospitals VIP tent on site! You will get a special CHARGE for Children shirt, massage, beverages, food, did we mention massage, and a quiet place to relax after your successful CHARGE.
All funds raised stay local, right here to benefit children in your community.
GUTTY INC. DBA - HARD CHARGE OBSTACLE RACE PARTICIPANT WAIVER, RELEASE OF CLAIMS AND LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WARNING OF RISK, AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE & IMAGE RELEASE
As a PARTICIPANT, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY SIGNING BELOW I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY AND UNDERSTAND THAT I AM WAIVING (GIVING UP) CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS THAT WILL LIMIT OR ELIMINATE MY ABILITY TO BRING FUTURE LEGAL ACTIONS.
I am legally agreeing to all of the following statements in exchange for being permitted entry as a participant ("Participant") of a HARD CHARGE event ("HARD CHARGE Event") on the date designated below. Agreement and waiver includes both the HARD CHARGE course ("Course") and participation in pre-and post-course activities ("Activities"). I understand and agree that I am giving up substantial rights, including but not limited to, my right to sue HARD CHARGE and it's sponsors, partners, and affiliates for injuries resulting from inherent risks of participating in a HARD CHARGE event as described below. I further agree that by signing below that I am doing so freely and voluntarily, and that my signature confirms my unconditional release of liability, including that due to the ordinary negligence by HARD CHARGE, to the greatest extent permitted by the laws of the of State of North Dakota.
I AGREE TO ASSUME ALL RISK OF PARTICIPATING IN THE HARD CHARGE EVENT
1. I understand that participating in the HARD CHARGE Event is a hazardous activity, which will test my physical and mental limits and has inherent risks of serious physical injury including an above-average risk of death. I understand that the HARD CHARGE Event will involve extreme obstacles, including, but not limited to, fire, mud pits, hurricane force winds, smoke, cargo climbs, steep hills, etc. I further understand that some of the obstacles may go through water, which has not been tested for chemicals or disease. I understand that the risks named herein and others not specifically named, may cause harm including, but not limited to: paralysis; temporary or permanent disability; death, bodily injury, and illness or infection.
2. I agree to assume all of the risks of participating in the HARD CHARGE Event. I understand and acknowledge that these risks include, but are not limited to: insect bites; falls; infection; risks from wild animals; illness; dangers arising from weather conditions, including but not limited to extreme heat, cold, humidity, ice, rain or fog; contact with thick smoke or fire; natural and man-made water, road surface hazards and obstacles; broken, defective or inadequate equipment and equipment failure; contact or collision with spectators, other participants, personnel, other pedestrians, machinery and motor vehicles; negligent or wanton acts of other participants.
3. I agree that prior to participating I will inspect the course, equipment, apparatus and hazards, and that if I become aware or believe that any of the above are unsafe or pose unreasonable risks, I agree to immediately notify appropriate personnel. I accept full responsibility for the condition of my own equipment and agree that HARD CHARGE is not responsible for any personal items or property that are lost, stolen or damaged.
4. I agree that I will not participate unless I am medically fit. I represent that I am in good health and in proper physical condition to safely participate in the HARD CHARGE Event and have no known physical or mental condition that would impact my ability to safely participate and I am not aware of any condition that would result in a risk of danger to others or myself. I understand that the Course is physically and mentally demanding and it will test my limits even if I am physically fit, healthy and skilled to safely participate. I agree to continuously monitor my physical and mental condition during the Course and to immediately withdraw and notify appropriate personnel if I would create a risk of danger to myself or to others. I acknowledge that I will not be reimbursed for any portion of any fee paid for my participation in the HARD CHARGE Event. I acknowledge that I have been strongly advised to consult a medical doctor before participating, especially if I am pregnant, disabled or have recently suffered any illness, injury or impairment. I acknowledge that I maintain and am covered by medical insurance.
5. I agree that I will not consume any alcohol or ingest any medications or substances prior to or during the HARD CHARGE Event that will inhibit my mental or physical ability to safely and effectively participate. I assume full responsibility for any injury or loss to myself or to others and for any damage to real or personal property associated with my use or consumption of alcohol and/or drugs at any time during the HARD CHARGE Event.
I AGREE TO OBEY ALL THE RULES AND APPLICABLE LAWS
6. I agree to obey all civil and criminal laws and abide by all the rules and regulations of HARD CHARGE and to follow the directions and instructions of HARD CHARGE personnel, which shall include respect for all people, equipment and facilities. I agree that HARD CHARGE may dismiss me without refund if my behavior endangers the safety of any person or negatively affects a race, a person, a facility or property of any kind. I also agree that no pets or wheeled conveyances are allowed on the Course at any time.
7. I agree and consent to receive medical care and transportation in the event of injury as determined by HARD CHARGE personnel. If necessary, I authorize appropriate HARD CHARGE personnel to consent to such medical care and treatment on my behalf. I agree that I shall be liable for any and all medical costs incurred as a result of my participation in the HARD CHARGE Event that are not covered by insurance. I will indemnify and hold harmless all HARD CHARGE employees as well as all parties set forth below from all liability for such costs.
I AGREE TO GRANT MEDIA AND TELEVISION PERMISSION
8. I grant permission to Gutty, Inc. and HARD CHARGE, its affiliates and sponsors, to use any photograph, digital recording, motion picture or any other record of this event (the "Recordings") for any purpose, including but not limited to, promoting, advertising, and marketing activities. I agree that any and all recordings of me become the sole property of Gutty, Inc.
9. Appropriate attire for televised CHARGE. Producers reserve the final authority on approval of items worn in the televised CHARGE. Clothing must be non-descriptive and include none of the following: URLs, tobacco, alcohol, or political or religious statements. If asked to change by producers, you will have five minutes to report back with appropriate attire or forfeit your position. Each participant is allowed one logo on the front of the shirt and one logo on the back of the shirt. Neither logo is to exceed six inches by six inches. Any sponsor decoration beyond for mentioned must receive prior producer authorization a minimum of four weeks prior to the start of the race.
10. If asked by a producer, I agree to wear a body point of view camera for the televised portion of the race.
11. I agree that HARD CHARGE reserves the right to cancel the event in the event of an emergency or disaster as determined by HARD CHARGE in its sole discretion and that there shall be no refund of any registration fees. I further agree that all entries and fees are final and there shall be no refunds unless agreed to by HARD CHARGE in its sole discretion.
WAIVER OF ALL CLAIMS, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE
12. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the HARD CHARGE Event, which I acknowledge involves risks of serious physical injury and possible death, I hereby waive, release and forever discharge Gutty, Inc DBA: HARD CHARGE and the following parties as further defined below from any and all claims: HARD CHARGE employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, insurers, spectators, venue owners, and volunteers; all State, City, Town, County and any other governmental bodies whose property and/or personnel are used and/or who in any way provide assistance to HARD CHARGE; all HARD CHARGE sponsors, organizers, promoters, directors, officials, property owners, and advertisers; all other entities involved with HARD CHARGE; any and all companies, whether subsidiary, affiliate or parent, officers, licensees, directors, board members, shareholders, insurers, agents and representatives of any of the foregoing (the "HARD CHARGE Released Parties"). I hereby waive, release and forever discharge the HARD CHARGE Released Parties from any and all claims, liabilities of every kind, demands, damages (including direct, indirect, incidental, special and /or consequential), losses (both economic and non-economic), and causes of action, of any kind or nature, which I have or may have in the future (including attorneys fees, court costs and litigation expenses) that may arise out of or result from my participation in the HARD CHARGE Event. I acknowledge and understand that my claims might include, but are not limited to, causes of action arising from my death or death of others, personal injury, partial or permanent disability, negligence, and property damage or theft, causes of action arising from the administration of first aid, medical treatment or medical decisions made at the HARD CHARGE Event or elsewhere; and claims for medical or hospital expenses. I agree that the foregoing waiver, release and discharge applies even if the above claims are caused by the negligent acts, omissions or carelessness of any of the HARD CHARGE Released Parties. I understand and agree that this waiver, release and discharge extends not only to myself but to my spouse, children, next of kin, personal representative or anyone who might claim to have a basis to sue on my behalf.
I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY (MAKE WHOLE) HARD CHARGE AND THE HARD CHARGE RELEASED PARTIES FROM DAMAGES CAUSED BY MY CONDUCT
13. I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless HARD CHARGE and the HARD CHARGE Released Parties from any and all claims or expenses that arise out of my breach of this Agreement or any action or inaction by me which causes injury or damage to myself or any other person or property at the HARD CHARGE Event, including those claims made by myself or others, including but not limited to, judgments, attorneys fees and cost of suit. I understand and agree that this waiver, release and discharge extends not only to myself but to my spouse, children, next of kin, personal representative or anyone who might claim to have a basis to sue on my behalf.
14. I agree that this Agreement supersedes any and all previous oral or written promises and that this Agreement represents the entire understanding between the parties. I agree that any oral promises conditions, representations, understandings or interpretations cannot act to modify or amend this Agreement in whole or in part. I agree that if any provision of this Agreement, which is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be prohibited or unenforceable, shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability, without invalidating or rendering unenforceable the remaining provisions of this Agreement. I further agree that no provision of this Agreement may be amended, waived or otherwise modified without the prior written consent of all of the parties hereto. I agree that this Agreement was made in the State of North Dakota and shall be governed by, construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of North Dakota, regardless of the actual location of the HARD CHARGE event. All suits, proceedings and other actions relating to, arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of North Dakota and venue for all such suits, proceedings and other actions shall be in Fargo, North Dakota.
MINORS: IF UNDER 18 ??? SIGNATURE OF PARENT OR GUARDIAN (required) Your parent or legal guardian must accompany you to the registration tent at the HARD CHARGE event. Parent or legal guardian must show current identification and sign that they are the parent or legal guardian to the child participating.
BY SIGNING BELOW, I AFFIRM THAT I AM 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, OR WILL BE ON THE DATE OF THE HARD CHARGE EVENT I AM ATTENDING, I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT, AND I INTENTIONALLY AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS AGREEMENT.